4.28.2017

I'm Just Unfinished


Why do we think as a Believers we can leave God on the sidelines and only call Him in for Special Teams—when we’re in deep doo-doo? The circumstances are against us and the odds of victory look slim to nothing. It stinks, and our playbook is not helping at all. There’s no strategy or quick remedy to get us in a forwarding motion. We’re surrounded by the opposing force and their presence is evident. We can’t escape. Or can we?

The strength you’re needing to fight the enemy, close doors, and open others begins with growth in the knowledge of Christ. You can’t be a winner overcoming spiritual battles unless you know who you are and whose you are. And that all is learned and cultivated in the Spirit by reading God’s Word daily.

A multi-million dollar NFL player doesn’t become that overnight. He’s a work-in-progress. He’s a success story that has put in countless years of training and being coached to be the best on the field and off it. His physical abilities far exceed the average Joe and his character shaped by discipline and motivation to win. He’s unstoppable on the field and his confidence lies in his abilities, and hopefully his faith in God as well.



What am I saying? Plainly, that you must work your faith like a muscle. Every day. Every chance you get. Whether in sunshine or in the storm you’ve got to pull from the deepest part of you the Holy Scriptures and believe them. Trust them and rely on them. He is faithful to see you through!

You’re weakness is made strong in Him.

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Ministry
I sang aloud a line from a new song from Mandisa, but then added two lines as I believe the Holy Spirit gave me the utterance for a particular sister in the Lord who is struggling with fear.

I’m just unfinished
Making it a rule
Gotta get through
I’m just unfinished

The Holy Spirit is speaking. You’re not healed and whole yet. You’re unfinished. You must rely on Him in your weakness. You can’t do it in your own strength. Make it your rule. Gotta get through. How? Knowing that He is perfectly in love with you and you are perfectly in love with Him. Perfect love casts out fear! He is gentle as a dove but His fire can override any demonic activity. Press in! Press through! Stay in the Word!

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

I thank God for the opportunity to be His voice in the barren land where the hopeless roam looking for direction and a touch. This is my calling and how privileged I am to be His voice, hands and feet. In practical and biblical ways, I help others in the way the Holy Spirit leads me to direct their individual journey and life circumstances. I realize that each of His children are unique and that the ministry of Jesus Christ that He has entrusted to me is one-on-one and I am thankful for the fruit in each of their lives this month. They're making strides in surrendering and turning fully to the Lord. I am equally excited about my growth as well in realizing that I have been chosen, appointed and He has set my feet where they are. I will continue in all the Lord has put my hand to do knowing that where my feet land it matters not as long as I abide in Him. Looking forward to advancing the Kingdom of God—finding what He’s seeking and laboring in that which He wants to build!
© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.