3.22.2017

Worrier to Warrior

For so many years my family has had reason to worry upon worry and to no fault of their own. They had tough decisions faced with failed marriages and relationships with men, children to feed, forgotten dreams of their own and probably even a little lost.


I think back on if I struggled with worry and the honest answer is no. I’ve always been confident and assured of my abilities. That’s of course before the enemy came in and took charge on an unsuspecting day. It was devastating. He left me groveling on the floor while I begged God, “What is my testimony?” My foundation in Christ was weak, and that’s the beginning of it. My weakness was not being in the Word daily. I had attended a Bible study and even blogged about my faith frequently while my daughter was growing up, but in the end, it didn’t sustain me. I fell apart and she entered kindergarten early. I was a mess and the enemy wasn’t satisfied with just wreaking havoc on my spiritual disposition, no he was content to dole out ample amounts of fear, disillusionment, suicidal thoughts, insomnia, depression and more. It was the darkest time I have ever experienced. It was hell on earth for me—not exaggerating in the least.

Satan and his demons are always looking for the weaker ones and it doesn’t matter if you have a church membership either.

How about you? Are you flirting with the world instead of meditating on His Word day and night? If you are, I caution you to take inventory and rearrange your priorities before it’s too late. Recently, I spoke during a prophetic audio how the enemy is circling some in the Body of Christ. Yes, that’s true.  "He is seeking whom He may devour." (1 Peter 5:8)  Are you his next meal? He’s just waiting for a way in. Will you give it to him or will you heed the voice of the Lord and return to the Lord, fully? My prayer is that you do. And in the process, God will transform you, like He did me. Now that I have returned to the Lord after my sifting, I am without compromise, committed to growing spiritually and encouraging the Brethren. I am a warrior for Christ! Where my feet land, I declare the Good News with power, authority, and dominion. Oh, and the devil…he’s under my feet!

Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Luke 10:19

Let’s not be caught off guard. Jesus is coming back for a church without spot or wrinkle!

Just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. Ephesians 5:25-27
© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.