1.08.2017

My Struggles #1

Darkness crept in one ordinary day in November 2009.

Did I make it?

But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26

I am here to testify that Jesus reached down in my pit and rescued me when I was willing to be broken and depend solely on Him.  I have learned, loved, forgiven, and grown. As of November 2012 I answered the call of Christ as an ordained minister, and today I am reaching the hopeless and discouraged during my ordinary day as a mom. God is faithful to bring about His scheduled opportunities to be His voice, and I am humbled to be in His service, while giving the devil a black eye.

In the years 2011 and 2012 I wrote over fifty posts on a read by invitation only blog where I shared intimate details of my breakthrough and the courage it took to change. It was written as a seedling of what was to come. To God be the glory it is happening! The following works are my own and may or may not be included in part or whole in my autobiographical testimony. My prayer is that my willingness to be vulnerable will help others on their journey to victory, this side of heaven. Follow along as I post snippets here under one label (see below) leading up to the publication of my book.

To God be the Glory for the things He has done!

Heart Surgery (2009)



Spiritual alarms [intuition, gut feeling] have been throwing me off. I understand though that it is God's conviction, and I'm at a critical intersection. My current reality isn't a warm and fuzzy place. It's so intense I can hardly stand it, but I know that it's necessary heart surgery.

When you can hear God's voice, you had better believe that's it most clear concerning your own stuff. And worse yet, God has handed me a magnifying glass to see up close that things must change.

Something I've learned already: Do it differently! Interrupt a destructive pattern with a new behavior.

What does the Bible say?

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Ephesians 4:29 NIV

Challenge: My words towards my husband need to be wholesome, build him up, and meet his needs. These three criteria are essential to moving towards a healthy relationship that glorifies God, and grows.
© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.