4.18.2016

Growing in Faith

A few weeks ago, before closing my eyes to drift off in sweet sleep, I prayed aloud with my arms stretched out and my hands cupped together. My humble prayer was expressed not only in words, but in actions as well. “God, give me every fruit to fulfill the call in my life. I ask for Faith, Grace, Forgiveness, Mercy and Love.”


If there were any other attributes missed above I rest knowing God made note of it that night because it was the Spirit who gave me the unction to pray and the spoken words. For it was the will of God. As it is written in Romans 8:26-27, “Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.”

In 2005 I wrote, "Growing in the Lord is an often painful process, but well worth it because I find that the more I decrease, in every way, the more He increases. Thereby, giving Him full reign and trusting Him wholly with it all. “

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.” Galatians 5:22-23

Yes, I am still growing, and with God’s strength I will endure changed and charged for the work ahead. As ministers in the Gospel of Christ we cannot expect to be immune to the hand of God. When He is ready to move and love us to the next level we must lay down our agenda and desires for the will of the Father.

In my current read, The Perils of a Pastor’s Wife, by Nan Jones God is affirming and guiding. This book is not solely for the Pastor’s wife, but for the called and chosen who need encouragement for their journey. God is speaking through each chapter, and how thankful I am for this on-time testimony brimming with God’s Word and Spirit leaving a permanent mark inwardly.

God is not remiss to gather what we have within arm’s reach to help us attain higher heights in Him. For me, it happens to be this book along with scriptures, and my personal testimony to God’s faithfulness on the best of days and through painful situations, which is working in me a far greater glory. Why? God is committed to my success. He will not leave me like this! Preparation is key to reaping a Harvest in the way God sees fit with my unique story and circumstances, and I stand on the truth proclaimed in recent years, “I’m going somewhere in God!”

“For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.” 2 Corinthians 4:17

Believer, be encouraged, when God’s promptings settle upon you like the dew fall—respond and pray, and in obedience be willing to give all. I promise the cost will be worth it!

 

Rosemarie is an ordained Minister of the Gospel since 2012. She is an active member of a church of Pastors and Ministers.  In 2015, she held Bible Study for sixteen weeks in her home with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and every teaching was a fresh and now Word for the hearer. Signs and wonders were evident as they held no agenda and were hungry for answers. In February 2016, a new phase of Ministry at Work with #FaithHopeCourage wristbands and message. Her heart to share the treasures found in relationship with Jesus continues. 

© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.