2.04.2016

There Is No Hiding Place

"What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not!" Romans 6:15 

Saints, God is still speaking.

Like Israel we have failed, plundered the blessings of God on worldly desires, given into temptation, and brought self higher than the seat of Christ in our hearts and minds. We have forsaken Him and sought after treasures in land and sea, and even in the universe wanting to expand our knowledge and to increase our financial portfolio. Yet, it will all be in vain—as a nation and as a people. Only what we do for Christ will last. The mortar we purchased for buildings and the labor to build it, will all be in vain. Only what we do for the glory of God will multiply and remain. All else will decay from the wickedness it was cradled in at birth. Every vision, dream and goal that came out of wickedness -- greed, lust, and self-gain -- will utterly come to naught.

But if that be the case, is there hope for us? Yes! God is demanding obedience in all things. These are the times where your allegiance is made plain. Will it be for the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who keeps covenant with His people of obedience or will it be the false gods of this world -- self, wealth and accomplishments.



This Should Be Our Prayer:
Father God, I surrender everything to you—all I am and ever hope to be. You are the author and finisher of my faith, and I thank you that there is nothing done that hasn’t already been done. You are sovereign and nothing escapes your view. Even when I try to hide myself from you because of shame and sin I find there is no hiding place. Your eyes are upon me at all times. I give up the chase and the treasure-hunting for worldly things, and I accept my lot as you have portioned for me, which took place before the foundation of the world. I know in my heart that what you have for me is no small thing, but help me Lord to give up the attraction of a false sense of security concerning this world. I cling to the promise of eternity while I wait on the promises you have especially for me in this land of the living. I surrender my plan in exchange for yours. Give me the revelations that will charge my thinking and change my direction. I thank you Lord for a mighty move of your Holy Spirit in my life in accomplishing all that was written for me. I thank you Lord that your answers today for me are, “Yes and Amen!” In Jesus’ name I pray!

Malachi 3:5-7 And I will come near you for judgment;
I will be a swift witness Against sorcerers,
Against adulterers,
Against perjurers,
Against those who exploit wage earners and widows and orphans,
And against those who turn away an alien—
Because they do not fear Me,”
Says the Lord of hosts.

“For I am the Lord, I do not change;
Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.
Yet from the days of your fathers
You have gone away from My ordinances
And have not kept them.
Return to Me, and I will return to you,”
Says the Lord of hosts.
“But you said,
‘In what way shall we return?’

From Slaves of Sin to Slaves of God Romans 6:15-23 "What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness. For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.