5.28.2015

Bored Jar

School is officially out and with the long Holiday weekend over my daughter is already looking for ways to keep busy. The beginning is easy with online coloring pages and a goal to learn cursive beyond her first name. I'm proud that she's willing to learn something this summer as opposed to just having fun. We even signed her up for a Beginner Spanish program at the local library. It's a certified curriculum with a biweekly commitment. Libraries apparently have high standards too and I'm thankful that was shared upfront. Free is hard to find, and when it's desirable and works with the schedule I take advantage of it. Opportunist?! More like divine favor as we wait with expectancy that God will meet our every need.

I came across the Bored Jar on Twitter and then did some further exploring on Pinterest to find a plethora of ideas on the design and its contents. So much that it took me into the wee hours of the morning without ever noticing that minutes quickly turned into hours.

Bored Jar (Ball Smooth Canning Jar)

My apologies to those who are looking for crafty perfection here. My design is generic--and dare I say elementary-like. Using only colored markers, left over gift wrap paper and craft sticks with random string from a past project. The bulk of my time was spent on the actual ideas written on each craft stick. Some were duplicated two or three times because it was either super fun or had an educational benefit. I even threw in a couple of chores.

Here's my list:

Practice a song. 2x
Scooter Ride 2x
Read for 30 minutes. 2x
Read for 20 minutes. 2x
Go swimming. 2x
Write a letter. 3x
Dance party. 2x
Dust.
Pinterest
Jump rope.
Clean your room.
Watch a movie!
Play a game.
Have a bubble bath!
Make a trail through the house with a roll of toilet paper.
Make a playlist of songs.
Learn something new on Youtube.
Write in your journal.
Play cards.
Watch funny videos on Youtube.
Kindle
Call grandma. 2x
Make a card for someone you love. 2x
Go to the Zoo!
Create a keepsake.
Color or draw.
Help mom organize.
Paint your nails.
Make a wish list.
Watch old family videos.
Learn a new hairstyle.
Write a short story and illustrate it.

Well that should do it -- forty-two activities to fill in the gaps and kill that boredom!
© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.