11.06.2014

Make a Shift

shift - 1. move or cause to move from one place to another, especially over a small distance. 2. a slight change in position, direction, or tendency.

As an American I know how blessed I am, and my heart swells with gratefulness towards God. I am blessed to be a blessing! It is my nature to give, and beyond the boarders in partnering with Gospel For Asia. One hundred percent of my giving seeds are used in the field and provide hope in practical ways.

God has been busy planting in me a love for the people of India. He is certainly up to something though I am unsure to what degree or how far this love will travel.

I am thankful for moments where God presents the possibility to give eternally and I respond affirmatively—rather than holding back with excuses attached or even worse yet, eating my seed when accumulating more stuff. Meanwhile, God meant for that portion to be shared with others less fortunate and desperate.

Jennifer Dukes Lee wrote here: "I pray that the image will forever inform my priorities."

There were a multitude of mud pies baking in the sun made with oil to fill the hungry bellies of starving people in Haiti.


God's whisper speaks of the same in my heart. We need to make a shift. The reality is we are busy planning Christmas vacations, collecting catalogs and mapping out those upcoming shopping sprees while the poor eat dirt in Haiti.

Last month I read the free book No Longer A Slumdog that moved me to make a commitment to sponsor Jayanti, a Bridge of Hope child in India for a year, though wanting to do more.

Jesus help us...that we would know your groans and compassion for the poor, orphan and widow. Give us the courage to give, and disconnect from our usual list of excuses because we know Lord, you provide seed to the sower!

"And [God] Who provides seed for the sower and bread for eating will also provide and multiply your [resources for] sowing and increase the fruits of your righteousness [which manifests itself in active goodness, kindness, and charity]." 2 Corinthians 9:10 AMP

© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.