10.13.2014

Anoint Me Lord, For Greater Works

“See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father.” 1 John 2:24

(written July 11, 2014)

As the overhead clouds cast shadows on the desert mountains I wonder if that is a direct parallel of my current season in life. Though the sun shines the clouds are bulky with a dark gray underside. At any moment there could be a torrential downpour, causing all living things beneath its burst changed and refreshed.

The picturesque landscape is inviting to the eyes. However, my spirit man needs a drink from the Well of Truth that only the Holy Spirit can offer. And without fail He delivers to quench my thirst for answers.






God has chosen me and given me a specific purpose this I have known, but I suspect that there is coming a greater anointing to be showered upon me from above for greater works. I am eager to get there, but like the storm brewing in the South West skies it is a blessing to be in the now realizing that what is ahead is in God’s timing, not mine.

Holy Spirit: “I will anoint* you on schedule.”

*anoint – to send us forth with power of the Holy Spirit and fire with immediate results in the increasing of your gifts, and an ease and effectiveness in ministry.

1 Corinthians 12 (Spiritual Gifts, Unity and Diversity in the Body)
© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.