8.11.2013

I Was Blind But Now I See

Before I made a commitment to Christ I was dead, dead in my spirit, though my body was living. Nonetheless, not alive as it was purposed. Yet, the Lord was patient and persistent with me, and knocking on the door of my heart. Regardless of my then sinful state he knew I would open the door and say, "Yes," because I was called by name.

After being a believer for many years, life became busy after the call of motherhood. In the midst of being mother and wife without warning, I found myself on shaky ground and crippled with fear. I had forgotten my first love and gradually became lukewarm, which makes God sick—literally.

"So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth." Revelation 3:16

In both instances I was lost and separated from God. Yet, when I turned to Him in desperation with my heart eager for His will, God the Father of abundant mercy took me into His loving arms and gave me Heaven's riches. I will never be the same. My heart feels what He feels. My eyes see what He sees. I am His humble servant.

"To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne." Revelation 3:21

Revelation 3:15-22


If You Were Accused
© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.