7.25.2013

You Are Mindful of Me

Lord, who am I that you are mindful of me?

I sang that verse and others from I Am A Friend of God late one evening recently through tears while making my husband's lunch. It was certainly a thankful worship moment while smearing tuna on a wedge of bread for the truth that is: "He is closer than a brother."

My spirit was elated because I felt His comfort throughout that whole day as well as the previous night when all hell broke loose. I called Him and He heard me, and did not forsake me in my hour of need.

Who am I that you are mindful of me
That you hear me, when I call
Is it true that you are thinking of me
How you love me, it's amazing

Have you ever had a day that starts great, but as it continues it gets stinkier by the hour? As my stinky day turned into night it escalated into horrendous events that had me disappointed at others and myself, and troubled.

"We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed." 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

The enemy was all up in my business, and for a reason. The morning of I had ministered to a broken soul who I know the Lord has called. It's just a matter of time as He woos her into His loving and healing embrace.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

I am thankful to be called according to His purpose.

I am thankful that He sees the end from the beginning.

I am thankful that God has not changed His mind about me.

I am thankful that His mercies are new every morning.

I am thankful to be comforted by God.

I am thankful to be able to comfort others in the midst of their affliction and suffering.

I am thankful that I still have breath to thank Him!


© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.