7.21.2013

Summer 2012 & 2013

I stumbled upon this 2012 post, and like a treasured memory I recall the season when writing it. For some reason it never made it from draft to publish, and maybe for this purpose -- to show how God is faithful by comparison.

Summer 2012:

What's Your View Like?

Summer is nearly over for my little one. She hasn't had an eventful summer. There were a few highlights, but there was no family vacation and no family visitors either. We also moved, so add that to the mix and it's been a different summer altogether for us. Still, we made the best of it and count our blessings.

I'm counting my blessings with an intentional focus on what I have instead of what I don't have. I learned that it's a trick of the enemy to keep me under, defeated, disappointed, and dismayed. And if he keeps me there for a duration I am aware this is the beginning of his ultimate plan to "rob, kill, and destroy" me. (John 10:10)

I could get easily distracted from my blessings while discouraged that we had no extra funds for a family vacation again this year, or I could rejoice (as I am!) that my bills are paid, I have food in the fridge, and I have faith to believe. Ahem. My basket is full and my view is spiritually healthy. What more could I want?!

What's your view like?



Summer 2013:

Wait on the Lord!

My life's testimony is underlined as a patient believer of over seventeen years, who recognizes that God's timing is best. And while I wait for it, He builds my character and gives me a new perspective to be grateful for the blessings in those seasons. Still I understand the reality of what is and the desire for what isn't. In my humanness I get that, but I take a stand in faith as a spiritual being having a personal experience. Though I may feel denied for moments at a time, I recognize it's just a timing issue, which by the way Heaven nor the Kingdom of God is governed by.

"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. " 2 Peter 3:8

In the spring of 2013, my family and I vacationed with my sister and niece for a short week after seven long years. It was sweet, and the joy and laughter we shared precious, and it's still fresh in my memory.

Brothers and sisters in Christ, be encouraged that God has not forgotten your visions, dreams or desires. Remember He is faithful to complete it, and bring it to pass. Wait on the Lord!



© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.