5.30.2013

Which Way Do I Go?

Thankful that after eight years and counting motherhood still has me at the feet of Jesus. Yes, there are days when I have it together and it’s effortless, but there are times when I can not possibly make big decisions without the Word and His nudge. At times I have done it thinking it looks right, and God permitted it. Nevertheless, His permissive will and His perfect will are both a blessing and time of growth, but the latter a more seamless experience. I can attest to that. Still, God’s grace is sufficient for me, and His power made perfect in my weakness.

As an older mom with life experience along with maturing in Christ -- through failures and victories -- I realize the weight of my preference or intentions could be good for my daughter but not necessarily beneficial for her. My wisdom and understanding though plentiful is limited.  I know only in part, but God sees the bigger picture. 

I’m thankful that The Helper is guiding me, and a comfort when I feel overwhelmed at crossroads or in the midst of changing course.

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Find more Thankful Thursday here.
© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.