1.16.2013

Dry Chapped Skin

It's cold and flu season and washing my hands is not negotiable. Yes, I did get a flu shot last September, but my daughter and I have allergy and cold symptoms. That means lots of tissue, and tubes of hand cream and occasionally Vasoline to help with my itchy dry chapped hands.

Last night I resorted to Olive Oil and after a while washed it off, then went to bed with a thick coating of Vasoline and winter gloves. Sometimes desperation calls for multiple tries to find relief.

Today I hit the jackpot! Remembering that a while back I bought a generic brand with the same ingredients of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and still had a small amount left under the bathroom sink. Regardless, I needed reinforcements! I purchased the full strength (some say there is a difference) of Cetaphil Cleanser along with DailyAdvance Lotion by the same manufacturer.

The results—my hands feel like a baby's bottom! Not kidding. I can tell that whatever the concoction is it's healing and keeping my skin ultra hydrated (as the package promises).

In looking up previous to today's purchase I remember reading about the chemicals and fragrances in other soaps and creams that are irritating and counterproductive.

Cetaphil is an old school product!

Cetaphil US on Facebook: A cutting-edge classic. Always evolving but never going out of style. Created by a pharmacist in 1947, the Cetaphil® brand has been committed to its dermatology heritage for more than 60 years, delivering gentle, effective skin care.

COUPONS HERE Expires:07/31/2013...Save $1.00 or $3.00 off Cetaphil® products of your choice (excludes cleansing bars and travel sizes)
© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.