7.01.2012

The One & Only True God

"Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: 'Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.'" John 17:1-3

Let us look closely at verse 3:"And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent."

Jesus is praying for the disciples in these verses above and explains eternal life -- that they may know the one and only true God.

There are many who hold the assurance of GOD -- a deity -- but it is more of a universal God for all. Meaning, many paths lead to GOD.

Jesus himself is explicit in saying that His Father is the only true God and that you must know Him and Jesus who He sent to be assured of eternity (paradise).

If your faith challenges a One True God then I invite you watch five remarkable testimonies of four men and one woman who now know Jesus as Lord and Savior. The common thread for these converts were that they were seeking to know God on a more intimate level with all their heart. Regardless of their geographic location, sin, or religious upbringing, Jesus in their native tongue made himself real to them. He then proclaimed that they belonged to Him and to follow Him. It was an experience that brought about change of the everlasting kind.

Watch the life stories of Khalil (Egypt),Mohammed (Nigeria) ,Dini (Indonesia), Khosrow (Iran),and Ali (Turkey) and may their spiritual hunger inspire you on to make room for Jesus in your heart today.

The Holy Bible -- the Words of God -- where Jesus prayed for YOU!

"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."" John 17:24-26
© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.