6.04.2012

I Have Decided

Decisions! Decisions! Decisions!

Everyday I make them. Some good and some miss the mark. Still, I keep putting one foot in front of the other with the prize before me.

Paul writes to the church at Philippi, "I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call (heavenward) of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:14)

Tonight in an intimate moment of prayer I thought about my life in a flash, and though beautiful, I pondered on my mistakes and sins made. Suddenly I felt undeserving of eternity—I am the thief on the cross who hung next to Jesus. His failures were before him. Yet, in faith I know that Jesus Christ is my righteousness and He is also the mediator between me and Almighty God, and will accept me in paradise.

"Then he said, 'Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.' Jesus answered him, 'I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.'" Luke 23:42-43

I am assured of my eternity in paradise because I have been born of God's spirit. But that's not all of it, a true follower has his (present, not past or future) sin always before him. He is careful not to be puffed up, but to always in humility be in communion with the Father daily to be sure there is no error in his ways. It is possible to live like this and reap the eternal promise.

I have decided to follow Jesus. The cross before me, the world behind me.

What about you?



I Have Decided To Follow Jesus



Related Post:
Are You Ready?

Study Scriptures:
Luke 9:57 1 Corinthians 1:30
1 Timothy 2:5
Psalm 51
© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.