4.21.2012

Who Am I Kidding?!

I have these fabulous Sticky Notes on my desktop that work wonders for reminding me of upcoming bills and due dates. Last week I wrote two new sticky notes that specifically were about avoiding the grocery store and to find free recreation. I was thinking my daughter could venture to the park and ride her bike like the week before. It was a great idea and with motivation behind it, but it was short-lived. We have embarked on summer weather here, and it's only going to get worse. So, I did what any good mom would do—I ignored that sticky note and joined the Y for family fun.

The grocery store reminder though equally warranted was unsuccessful as well. Unfortunately, food is a necessity. Even though a short-term goal fails I'm confident of the bigger picture -- making one right choice at a time. I have realized that money can be a blessing. Nevertheless, the mismanagement of it can be quite burdensome.

Summertime means different things to different families. Some look forward to summer vacations out-of-state for an extended time, while others schedule for camp at weeks at a time. Disney vacations are often a highlight too for families. However, for me and my family we're excited this summer about using less fuel (staying close to home) and visiting the local Y.  As an overseer of sorts, I'm committed to making the most of what's realistic for our family budget.

"Act your wage." ― Dave Ramsey

"If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else." ― Dave Ramsey
© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.