12.10.2011

Simplify!

My daughter has had two meltdowns this week. My mommy alarm went off and I realized it's too much. The school pressure, heavy homework load, church obligations, and one too many Holiday concerts with the theater community are stressing her out.

Like any mother, we reassess the big picture and make adjustments.

After sharing with her that she won't be going to today's show last night, what I thought would be disappointment turned into a sigh of relief, a hug, and "Thank you!"

Sometimes what we want is not always what we need.

Thankfully, my family is flowing in peace and harmony as the need to put blank space on today's calendar won!

In simplifying our life we rediscover family, connect with them on a deeper level, and creativity has an opportunity to flourish in each of us.

Let's take a break, practice the Sabbath, be quiet and still, and welcome peace into your life and homes.

I stumbled upon this interesting video though I am not familiar with the speaker or his credentials. Take away what is truth for you and your family, and make a change.

Simplify! Simplify! Simplify!

Helpful Book: 100 Ways to Simplify Your Life by Joyce Meyer
© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.