12.12.2011

Out With The Old #1

Last week I went through my daughter's toy collection wanting to de-clutter before this year's Christmas arrivals.

A gift for my daughter's very first Christmas, a double easel for creative play. A versatile piece that brought hours of fun to my now 7-year-old using dry erase markers, chalk, and paint.

We traded in her easel and Magna Doodle for credit at our favorite resale shop. Then with a recommendation from a mom with an older child, I purchased a 17" x 23" Magnetic Dry-Erase board for only $6.84 at Walmart. Thinking it through, instead of fixing it permanently to our kitchen painted walls I chose to use Command Strips for damage-free hanging up to 18" x 24" frames (2 packages at $2.94 each).

It's a hit! My daughter has been excited to use it for studying spelling words as well as playing teacher with her stuffed friends.
© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.