11.24.2011

Thankful For The Trials

I remember being thankful for stuff, but now I think stuff is very overrated. I’m most thankful today for my family, health, deep sleep, and peace of mind.

Once the thrill of house hunting, eating out, and shopping was a kind of happiness for me. I wasn’t materialistic and grateful for all I had. Nonetheless, caught up in the gotta-have-the-best-now viewpoint.

In this economy of struggling with big decisions with few options a peek at prime real estate in a magazine had me saying aloud this evening, “I don’t even care about this stuff anymore.” I casually threw the magazine on top of strewn newspapers on the coffee table.

Quickly a deep under layered emotion came rising up, which then had me tearing up. Those unexpected deep reflections definitely needed, but so untimely. The NFL game was on and finally relaxed after dinner I let myself feel the emotions attached to expecting a miracle, a plan, anything to assist in these hard-pressed times.

Waiting on God and in His promises isn’t easy. It’s where "patience has its perfect work." Amen! Growing strong through trials has me digging deeper, and the more I dig, the more thankful I am.

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12

Trials and Temptations
© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.