11.02.2011

Surrender and Seek God

Surrendering to God's will when we cannot see too far ahead can seem scary at first. Yet, through faith we put one foot in front of the other and believe that He is walking beside us even on those days when we feel very much alone in the world.

Living in a desert landscape there is much I can draw from nature in my prayer time, as I am thirsty and hungry for more of Him. I realize that He must be my primary source while I walk out this journey. I need my daily dose of Heavenly manna. I need a covering by day and warmth from His fire (the Holy Spirit) at night, because anything less would be insufficient. Jesus must be my end all be all! Otherwise, I am deficient -- lacking in power, wisdom, understanding, and all the rest that He freely gives.

I've been on my own, before my commitment to Christ, and dare I say afterwards for a season. The busyness of life being a stay-at-home mother had become my priority. I strayed a bit not realizing what grave danger I had put myself in by not being grounded in the Word of God daily. I had no idea how weak and vulnerable I was until one ordinary day when my world turned upside down. Fortunately, God brought the right people to me, who helped in getting my world right side up again. Nevertheless, it took time and a lot of work letting go and letting God be God. I had to relearn about taking a healthy stand in some instances, while in others surrendering fully to God's Word and believing as it is written:

"As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:10-11

I encourage you my brother or sister whatever your trial or circumstance, know that God is able to do the impossible. Trust Him with your whole heart. Rededicate your heart and life to Him. Prove Him right as you walk this side of Heaven with humility and grace for others. Let love be your language. Forgive and forget. I promise that He will turn the tide. You'll sing again! He will turn your mourning into dancing. Believe that "with God all things are possible."


"Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near." Isaiah 55:6

Isaiah 55

© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.