10.29.2011

Get Your Spiritual House In Order!

We need to ask ourselves: Am I going to live for possessions? Popularity? Am I going to be driven by pressures? Guilt? Bitterness? Materialism? Or am I going to be driven by God's purposes (for my life)? When I get up in the morning, I sit on the side of my bed and say, God, if I don't get anything else done today, I want to know You more and love You better. God didn't put me on earth just to fulfill a to-do list. He's more interested in what I am than what I do. - Email Forward (Rick Warren)

I haven't confirmed or denied the authorship of this email forward, but frankly I'm more interested in the truth of the message, which is on-time for today's troubles.

Trials and tribulations, better known to Believers as the testing of our faith, can be exhausting. Nevertheless, these various and often continuous trials are for our maturing, and bring about holiness within each of us.

God is returning for a bride that is "without spot or wrinkle."

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless." Ephesians 5:25-27

Believers, in this season, time we spend with Him is most precious and is a direct result of our inward spiritual strength. It is crucial that we be washed in the Word daily. Keeping us in right standing with God, and also to be used as our compass for decisions and plans. This isn't a time to be lax or lazy. We must be ready and prepared for His return!

Getting Your House In Order (Scripture References)

© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.