10.04.2011

Being Transformed

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Romans 12:2

The Message Romans 12

In times of battle, I draw closer to God through study, praise, and in my quiet time. It seems I'm more purposeful of how I spend my time as well, wanting to be fed directly by God who is my source. He uses many to feed my hungry and desperate soul, and I graciously thank Him with each satisfying meal that builds me up and makes me stronger for the long journey ahead.

A Believer's life has many hills and valleys. Though we'd like to remain on the mountaintop with Jesus for another season, it's not where we change and grow. It's not where we are most effective.

When our faith is shaken and the earth seems to tremble beneath our feet of clay that's when God has our full attention. He can strip us of some tainted thinking, pride, and whatever else would hinder our calling to be manifested fully.

When we say, "Yes, Lord," get ready for a shake down or two, while in the process of transformation.

"And we, who with unveiled* faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:18

Life Application Study Bible: "Christ removes the veil (3:16), giving eternal life and freedom from trying to be saved by keeping laws. And without the veil, we can be like mirrors reflecting God's glory."
© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.