9.26.2011

Wisdom Wins!

A friendly mature woman at the Target checkout was excited about showing me the new gourmet coffee shop, which was part of a remodel. She motioned her hands across like a television reveal. I answered, “Thanks,” but shrugged it off mentally. The conversation quickly moved forward with input that she used to treat herself to gourmet coffee on occasion to make herself feel good.

An open door for me, and I walked right through with truth.

“Yeah, but you don’t need coffee to do that. You can say a prayer.”

I left the store with a spring in my step thinking about that comment and my follow up statement, “All we need to do is make one right decision at a time.” I felt as if something of value was exchanged. Afterwards I pondered more on the subject and searched for clues.

How many years have we bought into the idea that luxuries could give us an impartation that satisfies our soul? Believe me, gourmet coffee, pedicures, and new accessories aren’t all bad for us, but let’s not be in denial about feel-good purchases, which are most fittingly temporary pleasures.

Remember that giving in today to our impulses with unnecessary purchases could very well steal from our tomorrows. On the other hand, wisdom wins! It is an essential part of strength, and it pays to attain it.

"By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures." Proverbs 24:3-4

© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.