8.05.2011

Change It Up: Baking Soda

Change It Up is a series of posts where I share changes I've made after obliterating a few false beliefs like:

- Only that cleaner can do the job
- Foam is better
- Anti-bacterial is a must
- I can't do without disinfecting wipes
- Who has time for Homemade
- Expensive is the best choice

Once upon a time toothpaste was enough for me. Rewind to 2010 when after taking prescription medicine, I developed severe dry mouth. Then searching online and in stores I stumbled upon an expensive solution -- a professional over-the-counter mouthwash -- that worked so well, I didn't want to stop using it. Fast forward returning to work, and what I found is that to fight morning coffee breath a reinforcement was needed. However, with the dilemma of finding ways to save and be smarter in 2011 I looked for a homemade remedy.

Arm & Hammer Pure Baking Soda is now a staple in my home! The box top claims "Purity for Over 155 years...Arm & Hammer Baking Soda is committed to making sure that what you put into your body and use in your home is as pure as it can be."

I'm not a scientist, but I know that baking soda works and is an inexpensive fix for everyday needs.

Personal:
Mouth Rinse - Mixture of baking soda and water to rinse and gargle with neutralizing bad odors in the mouth.

Foot Care - Mixture of baking soda and water in a paste to neutralize and refresh tired stinky feet or using more water for a relaxing foot soak.

Bathrooms:
Cleaning Paste - Mixture of baking soda and vinegar, especially for the underside of toilet seats and under the lip of the toilet bowl.

Laundry:
Cleaning Paste - Mixture of baking soda and Clorox for stubborn stains on whites using an old toothbrush.

Think thrifty, it can be an adventure!
© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.