7.21.2011

Blast From The Past: Motherhood

Blast From The Past are archived blog posts hidden and held hostage elsewhere, but like I mention on the Why? page (see header above) some might come out of the dark.

Circa 2006 (approximate age 2)

I found that being a mother is a blessing, but the truth is, it is a lot of work! A mom of two told me yesterday, "We (women) can have everything, just not at the same time." I believe this along with some other good advice from a mentor mom, "We must value our choice."

Five years later and I still believe what I heard, and now pass on to others, as the absolute truth. Mothering (parenting) is serious work, and sometimes I feel like it's squeezing me until the last bit of strength is rung out like and old dishrag. Still, there is more satisfaction in this God-given responsibility with every teachable lesson, confrontation, debate, negotiation session, kissing boo-boos, assuring hugs, and more. My role as a mother holds great value and adds to my life continually.

Once being a mother was my prayer…a yearning—and now my responsibility.

Being a mom to my precious promise is truly a labor of love!

© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.