6.10.2011

Summer Fun

It's full-on summer already with school out early and VBS (Vacation Bible School) scheduled and paid for.  Summer camp is coming up in July and we're enjoying a rather large inflatable above ground pool with a filter and ladder just off our patio.

When I told my first-grader a few months ago that we were going to have the best summer, I merely said that in faith.  I had no idea what was in store for our family who have struggled each year to adapt and make adjustments due to the economy.

Things are looking up, but not because of any windfall—we have grown as a family finding out that the little things matter most, that what we have should be enjoyed and shared with others, and to be thankful.

Wealth can be defined differently.  Though I'm not currently (or ever was) a high net-worth individual, lately I feel like a rich woman. I'm rich with flextime, free days, being loved and loving, health, quality of life, being inspired, faith, freedom, peace, and a few bucks in the bank. My cup runneth over!

Buy this poster here.

Have a fantabulous summer!
© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.