6.30.2011

God's Perfect Timing

"For the vision is yet for an appointed time and it hastens to the end [fulfillment]; it will not deceive or disappoint. Though it tarry, wait [earnestly] for it, because it will surely come; it will not be behindhand on its appointed day." Habakkuk 2:3 Amplified Bible (AMP)

There I was sitting on a closed toilet holding my daughter while very upset because I restricted her from wearing a new fancy outfit the next day.

"It's not that I'm trying to be the boss or a meanie. Sometimes even though I want to give you everything, when you want it, I can't because it's not good for you."

"I know mommy, I understand."

In an instant, when tears flowed from both of us, I put myself in her place.

I can't count how many times I prayed and asked for my daughter, and then only reassured on occasion through faith in small portions. There were years I yearned, and no matter my long wait or deep sadness, God in His infinite wisdom knew when it was the perfect time for me to conceive.

I am captivated when God is making known hard life lessons I’ve learned as an adult into teachable and relevant moments with my daughter. It's a transcending feeling that I cannot articulate in words, nonetheless beautiful and blessed!


© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.