1.19.2011

Say Yes to God

There are many ways in which I can take the initiative daily to say "yes," to God. This morning was no exception. I packed up my car for some errands and headed to the local food bank.  I had a shopping bag full with odds and ends of non-perishalble items.  Some from cleaning out my cupboards along with large bags of cereal I purchased last night on sale especially for today's mission.

I drove up to the facility too early with eagerness, although to my surprise there were two ladies leaning on a post chatting.  I asked if they by chance were waiting too.

I waved them closer saying, "Oh good, I have some grocery bags for you to share."

They were relunctant at first and I could hear by their reply that they wanted to do the right thing.

"We'll give them to the folks inside when they open."

Smiling I shared how it was their blessing.

The blessing I received was when I handed over the few items, one woman shared how the other was low on coffee.  It's amazing how our cup of blessing can be shared with others with little sacrifice and inconvenience.

I am reminded how God asked Peter in the book of John chapter 21 verse 17 :"He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus said to him, "Feed My sheep."

Will you say yes to today?
© Cup of Goodness. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.